23 May 2007

Sing, Muse . . .

. . . and through me tell the tale . . .
Homer had it right. The tale is there, you just have to open up to it. I keep trying to invent stories, and that is like inventing a vegetable. You plant the seed, nurture it, the vegetable grows. The stories are already there, you just have to help them sprout. I'm working too hard here, and am coming up with a whole lotta nuthin'. Just checking out the news this a.m. I came across a dozen stories. But I'm tone deaf these days, and Ms. Muse ain't singing in my ears. I keep thinking of my daily countdown (XII days until summer vacation), and that is not always the best thing. I need to work on my writing even when I'm making a living as an over-educated baby-sitter. Today is "Career Day." I wonder if there will be any writers speaking. I can hear the pitch already--work at home, work real hard, be under-appreciated, hardly make any money! As the other Homer would say: WOO-HOO! Funny what comes out when you stare at your keyboard long enough.
a.d. X Kal. Iun.

No comments: