Blogs about blogs, or at least blog "clearinghouses" are another feature of the blog-o-sphere. Today I spent some time on Crime Zine. All the usual suspects are there. Now I know that lately I've spent too much time surfing and blogging, just dumping my cerebral cortex into cyberspace, really. As my knee heals--so far it is coming along fine--I will become a normal person again and stand upright in the sunshine. In the meantime, I came across a clever piece by Stephen Elliott called "Surviving a Month Without Internet." Good stuff, and suits me to a "T." In about one month I will take a blog hiatus, otherwise known as a vacation ("holiday" in Brit-speak). No electronics allowed for two blissful weeks! I am proud of myself for blogging every day (61st day in a row today), and will continue to do so until my holiday. Upon return, I will take a new tack. What that is yet I don't know, but I am determined to use the blog and the internet to HELP my writing, not suck my brain out. Mr. Elliott's thoughtful piece is found at Poets & Writers.
a.d. XV Kal. Iun.
Schadenfreude
-
I don't normally like to take joy in the misfortune of others but it's the
fecking Dodgers and they got their fookin' asses whooped and I'm pretty
fuckin...
20 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment