09 June 2014

Endless Summer

All my work obligations are done. Finals have come and gone. I turned in my grades, and more importantly, my keys. Graduation Day is past. We partied hardy later that afternoon and evening and that's all done. Today is Monday, the first day of summer vacation. This one is a little different--I don't have to go back to work at the end of it! Two things will have to happen before my retirement truly sinks in: (1) the first check comes from STRS and (2) school starts without me. Number one should happen next month and number two the month after that. I can't remember where I saw this but some wag described a retired guy's week as "Saturday, Saturday, Saturday, Saturday, Saturday, Saturday, Sunday." Hell, even God rested on Sunday. The best part is that everyone does stuff on Saturday and I can do stuff on Tuesday when most folks are working! Wow, that thought "sets my head a-reeling" (Thanks, Pete).

I'm looking forward to spending more time here at Ten Pound Press. Y'all come back now, y'hear?


1 comment:

Russian River said...

Looking forward to your first Novel