Ninety-nine bottles of beer on the wall . . .
Just crossed the threshold of 100 days before I retire. Countdown is now at 99. At noon on Graduation Day (Saturday 7 June), I'll be done. Then I turn into a pumpkin. Anyway, I hope to turn into something. Just not sure what yet. Mostly I'll no longer be Mr. O'Connor. So that's addition by subtraction! The very fact that I won't be something that I was means I will be something that I wasn't. No wonder they made me a math teacher.
Alas, it is still a lot of days, and the anticipation has made a mess of me. I had no idea it would be so hard. I thought I'd cruise through these last few months. I don't mean to complain, and I deserve no sympathy, it's just weird. I didn't expect to feel so worn down. Not just tired but mentally spent. I feel like a squeezed-out sponge slowly drying, down to its last few drops of water, aching for a cool dunking.
If one of those bottles should happen to fall . . .
Schadenfreude
-
I don't normally like to take joy in the misfortune of others but it's the
fecking Dodgers and they got their fookin' asses whooped and I'm pretty
fuckin...
19 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment