03 April 2011

I rode my bike today

I haven't been on my bicycle since my accident. That fall and subsequent concussion took place on September 15th, 2010. Today the sunny weather gave me a chance to think about a mountain bike ride instead of a trip to the ski park. I chose the ride. I took my time and went slowly. I even got off and walked on some narrow uphill single-track. The creeks in Greenhorn Park were raging. I had to make three crossings. The first was ankle deep and I could push the bike. The second was a bit shallower and I rode across. The third was knee-deep and I had to carry the bike! Good thing I wore my wool socks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're a brave man. I wish I could ride my bike but alas, I have yet to learn. My best friend said that she would teach me this summer!

Make sure to wear your socks high for good luck in the next series!